CLUB & SCHOOLS DEVELOPMENT COACH
Job Title: Club & Schools Development Coach Position
Tenure: Fixed Term Part-time Contract for 12 weeks (20hrs per week)
Primary Position Location: NWCU region
Salary: £3,600 + travel expenses
Reporting to: Regional Development Officer – North West
Job Purpose: NWCU is looking to engage a Club and Schools Development Coach on an initial short-term contract with the objective to broaden the reach of cricket in the NWCU, to introduce cricket to a wider audience and to support our local clubs in the ongoing development of sustainable youth playing structures. This role seeks an energetic and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for supporting and coaching young people, and working with multiple schools and local organisations. The role combines coaching and development work and will be responsible for engaging young people across the NWCU into becoming active members of the local clubs.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Proven track record of coaching experience at relevant level.
- Hold ECB Level Two Coaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Full Driving Licence with access to own transport. Hold current AccessNI, First Aid and Safeguarding certificates
- Hold current year membership of the Cricket Ireland Coaches Association. Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan a variety of coaching sessions with support from our development officer’s and by using your own initiative.
- Deliver high quality and fun coaching sessions for boys and girls based on age and ability in schools and clubs.
- Delivery of school and club summer blitz days.
- Assist clubs in creating sustainable club/school links and actively encourage players to club and NW coaching activities.
Interested applicants, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing how their skills meet the desirable criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07740802204 for a confidential discussion.
Please mark the subject of your mail ‘Club and Schools Development Coach’.
The closing date for applications is 1pm Monday 21st May; subsequent interviews for the role will take place on Thursday 24th May.