The North West and Cricket ireland are pleased to announce that we will be running a Welcome to Coaching Course in Artigarvan Hall on 28th January for anyone aged 16+. The course allows coaches to Assist coaching in Schools (with teacher present) and clubs (with certified coach present).
The Cricket Ireland Welcome to Coaching Course is a starting point for people to get into Coaching. The one-day course is ideal for Primary/Secondary School Teachers, volunteers, assistant coaches within junior club teams.
Most Head Coaches for teams in clubs would be UKCC Level 2 qualified (which is the next step from a Welcome to Coaching course).
On the course participants will
- Develop their coaching practices, principles and philosophies on coaching.
- Further development of small-sided games and drills specific to cricket.
- Offers options on the ‘type of practice’ that can be done, e.g. fixed, variable, game-based learning.
- Develops an understanding of the needs of the players.
- Raises awareness of dealing with poor behaviour.
- Shows coaches how to deliver 60 minute long sessions.
- Introduces coaches to the “Coach’s Toolbox,” e.g. Instruct, Explain, Demonstrate, Analyse, Evaluate, Feedback, Questions, Praise.
- Resources and follow up notes emailed to the participants following the course.
- Cricket Ireland Certificate on completion.
Ahead of the 2018 season, the NWCU are keen to give as many cricket clubs in the NWCU area a chance to get into & enjoy coaching in their clubs and local schools & have greatly supported this course through partnerships to reduce the fee to just £10 per participant.
Venue: Artigarvan Hall, 48 Berryhill Road, Artigarvan, Strabane BT82 0HN
Date: Sunday 28th January 2018
Time: 10 am the start; 4 pm finish including a working lunch.
Lunch will be incorporated into the course Free of charge.
Equipment required: Sportswear and trainers as you’ll be taking part in cricket drills, games and exercises (injury/health permitting) - Cricket Ireland will provide all the cricket specific equipment that is needed on the course.
Bring a pen and a notepad as well if you would like to take down some notes on the day.
Further questions or queries: Please contact Brian Allen by email on firstname.lastname@example.org