Vacancy | Safeguarding Officer | Part Time
Cricket Ireland Seek Safeguarding Officer
Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade leading to unprecedented visibility for Irish cricket at home and abroad.
Our emergence as a sport of national significance will only grow following the recent elevation of Cricket Ireland to ICC Full Membership and Test Status and a major revamp of international cricket structures that will see Ireland playing all three formats of the game at the highest level for the foreseeable future.
Safeguarding Officer – Permanent Part-time (20hrs per week)
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Cricket Ireland Safeguarding Officer will be responsible for the co-ordination, management
and on-going development of Cricket Ireland’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and
procedures. To work with key partners to ensure that cricket is an inclusive safe sport for all.
- Chief Executive
- Senior Management Team
- Provincial Union General Managers and Chairmen
- Cricket Committee
- All Affiliated clubs
- Coach Development Manager
- Game Development regional staff
- Sport Northern Ireland
- Sport Ireland
- Experience with working with young people and children
- Familiarity with Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s sport.
- Experience with policy development and implementation
- Experience with delivery of safeguarding training and workshops
- Have a clear awareness of roles and responsibilities of statutory agencies in both
- Skilled communicator with proven and demonstrable experience of working with a wide
range of stakeholders
The closing date for applications will be Friday at midday, January 30th 2018
Letters of application and full CVs titled ‘Safeguarding Officer’ should be sent by email email@example.com and will be confidential
Interviews will be held Friday, February 9th 2018
Role to commence March 2018
A detailed job spec can be downloaded here: Safeguarding Officer Role