North West Launches New App for Cricket
New interactive app brings domestic cricket in Ireland right to the fans’ fingertips
The North West Cricket Union & Cricket Ireland, in partnership with the Australian-based InteractSport, has launched a new smartphone app, My Cricket Ireland – which is set to revolutionise fan engagement with domestic cricket across Ireland and Northern Ireland.
For the fan, My Cricket Ireland provides access to live scoring from the Inter-Provincial Series, Super 3s, a wide range of club matches, select matches involving Ireland’s senior men’s and women’s teams, as well as select Wolves, Academy and under-age representative matches.
For the game administrators, My Cricket Ireland provides competition management and participant scheduling. InteractSport’s live scoring app Cricket LiveScore EU also enables match scorers to have improved ability and control to manage match information feeding live to the public.
last night at the North West preseason Meeting, club scorers and officials were given a run through of the new system ahead of the release.
Elaine Nolan, Director of Participation at Cricket Ireland, spoke at the release of the app.
“We are delighted to launch the first version of My Cricket Ireland, and hope as many fans, club members, players and administrators enjoy this new digital experience in 2018,” said Nolan.
“The app brings our domestic game right to your fingertips – enabling you to keep up-to-date with your favourite club or team in a live environment. It’s an exciting new venture for our sport.”
“Apart from making the game more visible, inspiring and connected to the fans, it as an administration support tool for Provincial Unions and clubs – the latter of which are often managed by dedicated volunteers.”
InteractSport CEO Andrew Walton said that the range of digital products and services provided to Cricket Ireland has developed from learnings within the sporting community – particularly the current partnerships through Cricket Australia and the English Cricket Board.
“We have observed and learned that the demand, appetite and expectation of live scores and information in community sport has rapidly accelerated,” Walton said.
“Since InteractSport began implementing and adapting technology to find a better way for our own cricket club in a typical local league, this has been our experience that has now progressed into delivering valued systems for cricket in Australia and the United Kingdom.”
“We are really pleased to have the opportunity to establish this partnership with Cricket Ireland and to build future sustainability throughout the organisation – from grassroot levels and schools through to first class level. The digital services include the flexibility to score all traditional and emerging formats of cricket with an offline capability to ensure that every ball from every match can be captured, available to all.”
- My Network – search and bookmark clubs and unions
- My Competitions – view followed competitions and customise your own list of matches in your match centre. Receive notifications for key events if match is live scored.
- Match Insights – view Score Worms, Manhattan graphs, and ball-by-ball descriptions within the match.
- Player insights – Wagon Wheels and scoring zones against players in the scorecard.
- Sync scores to the system in real-time.
- Removes the manual entering of results and player scores (20-30 min task) for administrators.
- Caters for traditional cricket, and certain modified formats.
- Available on iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets.
The app is FREE to download on iPhone and Android phones and tablets.
My Cricket Ireland
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/my-cricket-ireland/id1368952112?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.interactsport.cricketireland
Cricket LiveScore EU