It has been confirmed by the Department of Justice and Equality that commencement orders for the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 have been signed. The Act commenced on 29 April 2016.
The Garda e -Vetting is quick and easy, to utilise the e-Vetting service you must:
- be over 16 years old (if aged 16-18 years, have submitted a “Parent / Guardian” consent form)
- have or have access to a valid email address • have access to the Internet • have completed the “Proof of Identity” process
- Complete the Garda Vetting ID Validation Form. Complete the form in full and have it signed by a responsible person. The following Responsible Persons from your club may verify applicant’s identification and sign this form: • The President • Chairperson • Children’s Officer • Designated Liaison Person
- Please send both pages of the completed Garda Vetting Invitation and Identification Validation form, plus scanned copies of ID and proof of address to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Garda Vetting Department, Cricket Ireland, Unit 15c Kinsealy Business Park, Kinsealy, Co Dublin, K36 YH61
- You will receive an email from An Garda with a link inviting you to complete a vetting application form.
- The vetting subject completes a Vetting Application Form online and submits it to the Relevant Organisation
- Cricket Ireland reviews the Vetting Application Form and submits it to the National Vetting Bureau.
- The National Vetting Bureau processes the application and forwards a vetting disclosure to Cricket Ireland.
- Cricket Ireland reviews the vetting disclosure and as soon as is practicable providing a copy of the disclosure to the vetting subject and if applicable a letter confirming clearance.
This form covers all clubs who sit within the ROI jurisdiction.
- As part of the application process Cricket Ireland will request a disclosure in relation to all applicants.
- As part of the application process applicants should be aware that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.