The NWCU wish to appoint a Cricket Operations and Administration Manager on a 12-month contract. Please see attached job description for further details and how to apply.
CRICKET OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Job Title: Cricket Operations & Administration Manager Position
Tenure: Fixed Term Full-time Contract for 12 months
Primary Position Location: NWCU Office, Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason
Annual Leave: 20 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays
Reporting to: NWCU General Manager
Job Purpose: The primary objective of the Cricket Operations & Administration Manager is to take forward the implementation of the Provincial Union’s Operations and the effective and efficient implementation of the Union’s day-to-day business. The role will assist the delivery of key objectives contained within the North West Cricket Union Strategic Plan, particularly in relation to the smooth running of the organisation’s cricket and technical operations and satisfy compliance procedures and protocols as laid down by the North West Cricket Union (NWCU), relevant funding bodies and Cricket Ireland (CI).
- Third level degree in a related area (Sports or Recreational & Leisure Management etc.).
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar cricket or sporting role; preferably managing teams or administrative.
- Previous experience in managing teams preferably in a sporting environment.
- Must be prepared to work ‘unsocial hours’, including out of office hours and on weekends/bank holidays.
- Access to suitable transport to meet the needs of the post.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and good attention to detail
- Experience with database management.
- Confidence to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A thorough knowledge and interest in cricket, particularly rules, regulations and policies associated with provincial and domestic cricket is recommended for this role.
- Demonstrable working proficiency of Microsoft software (Office, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the administrative, planning, and day-to-day operations of NWCU
- Provide oversight/support to club cricket competitions
- Provide oversight/support for competition management and live scoring system for club cricket
- Manage all aspects of NWCU Offices
- Provide team administration support to North West Warriors, Emerging Warriors and NWCU Regional Development Programmes (Male and Female)
- Provide logistical match day and event support as required at North West Warriors matches, Emerging Warriors matches, Youth Interprovincials and other cricket events as required
- Support the administration, delivery and management of Coach Education development programmes
- Support the administration, delivery and management of Club Development programmes, including Club Accreditation schemes
- Identify and prepare grant funding applications from a variety of sources in conjunction with NWCU staff team
- Administrate the NWCU Club Facilities Grant Scheme
- Provide input to NWCU budget planning and management accounts
- Assist the General Manager in working closely with a wide variety of key stakeholders including players, clubs, committees, NWCU Board members and Cricket Ireland
- Where required support the administrative functions for various NWCU Committees, including management of volunteers who assist with those functions
- Assist the General Manager in developing strategic partnerships with external parties and organisations to further the development of the sport
- Any other duties within reason that the NWCU Management Board deem necessary within reason
Interested applicants, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing how their skills meet the essential criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org / FAO: Peter McCartney, NWCU Office, Bready Cricket Club, Magheramason, BT47 2RX or call 07740802204 for a confidential discussion.
Please mark the subject of your mail ‘Operations & Administrative Manager’.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st May 2018 at 1pm; subsequent interviews for the role will then take place.
North West Cricket Union is an equal opportunities employer