The North West Re-Opens Lead Coach Program
The programme follows on from a very effective pilot scheme in 2017.
The pilot scheme included a number of coach development sessions including workshops delivered by Sport NI, Cricket Ireland, Derry City FC, Omagh RFC.
These workshops provided a great insight what happens behind the scenes in high-level amateur sport, semi-professional and professional sport.
General Manager, Peter McCartney, said
“Over the past six months, we have run a number of coaching programmes such workshops on coaching 5-12-year-olds and Welcome to Coaching. Our latest programme is targeted at Lead Coaches of men’s and women’s teams.
Brian Allen led a very successful pilot scheme in 2017, and we are now able to expand this programme for 2018. All the coaches involved will be provided with the fundamental tools and skills to help them develop. It’s an excellent opportunity for any aspiring coach, and I’d urge anyone considering a future in cricket coaching to join the programme.”
This programme will provide participants with experiences of managing people, sharing and learning from others, seeing different coaching environments and opportunities to reflect on their current coaching abilities.
The clubs involved will also see benefits such as an improvement in playing standard, a boost in playing numbers, engaging training sessions for all players & ultimately a healthy vibrant, competitive club environment.
The program will be FREE & consist of monthly workshops with content driven solely by the needs of the coaches involved.
Lead Role Description
The Lead Coach of a Cricket Club will coach the men’s and/or ladies team(s) as agreed to help to create an environment that appeals to & activates the maximum number of club players.
A Club Head Coach will:
- Actively coach – Plan, organise, lead, deliver, and evaluate high-quality practice sessions
- Prepare teams for matches/competitions and assess team performance.
- Identify and make recommendations to resolve any gaps in the club’s coaching structure.
- Ensure club players are aware of the club’s pathway from grassroots to senior team cricket.
- Assist in directing the realistic workload, role & responsibility junior coaches in the club.
- Manage effective communication networks between club coaches & players
Lead Coach Program eligibility requirements
- Current Certificate in coaching (Level 2 equivalent) or planning to work towards obtaining this qualification.
- Holding a current vetting certificate from the corresponding club or willing to be Access NI checked / Garda Vetted.
Fully qualified lead coach requirements
- Current Certificate in coaching (Level 2 equivalent) or above
- First Aid qualification valid until at least the end of the season
- Current Access NI/Guarda Vetting cleared
- Valid Safeguarding/Child Protection certificate
- CICA Membership or Personal Coaching Insurance
To register for this program, please contact text/email/call Brian on 07585774300 or email@example.com
Closing date for Expressions of Interest is Monday 19th February with the first group session planned for Monday 26th February.