Clubs are the hub of our sport and are central to the long-term sustainable development of the game in Ireland. In order to support cricket clubs around Ireland, Cricket Ireland – in partnership with the North West Cricket union – provides direct investment into club facilities, infrastructure and equipment through the Cricket Ireland Club Facilities Grant scheme.
The Cricket Ireland Club Facilities Grant assists cricket clubs to improve grounds, pavilions and equipment. Over the last three years €150,000 has been invested in clubs through the Club Facilities Grant.
In the last round of grants, 53 cricket clubs from across the four Provincial Unions benefitted, with projects including:
• Adamstown: Sightscreens and flat sheets
• Knockharley: Bowling machine and flat sheet
• Laois: General groundworks and laying of new mat
• Ardmore: Extension of sightscreens and purchase of germination sheets
• Brigade: New PVC windows for clubhouse
• Sion Mills: Artificial pitch
• Derriaghy: Flat sheets and boundary rope
• Donaghcloney Mill: Batting cage, flat sheets, coconut mat, germination sheets and netting
• Instonians: Mobile dome cover tops and heavy duty germination sheets
• Co Kerry: Toilets/showers and ground fencing
• Limerick: Mower, roller, scoreboard and ground improvements
• Co Galway: Clubhouse renewal
The 2019 application process is now open, with applications closing 6 December 2019.
Read more about the programme and the application process here.