Access NI is the system for the disclosure of an individual’s criminal history to help organisations make safer recruitment decisions. It was established in April 2008 by the Northern Ireland Office as a result of the introduction in Northern Ireland of Part V of the Police Act 1997.
For Cricket Clubs it is essential that anyone with regular or continuous contact with children to be Access NI Checked, steps below:
- Person to be vetted creates a log in: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/apply-online-enhanced-check-through-registered-body
- Apply for an enhanced check through a registered Body using NW PIN – 379080
- Download & print the ID Validation Form
- Take ID documents, 1 from group 1 & 2 from Group 2 (seen on page 2 of the above form) along with the printed ID Validation form to your clubs Designated Liaison Person
- Designated Liaison Person signs off the ID, self declaration form & emails or delivers the scanned/actual ID Validation form & 3 x ID Documents to email@example.com
- As part of the application process Cricket Ireland will request a disclosure in relation to all applicants.
- As part of the application process applicants should be aware that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.